Archive for classics
Hope your all doing well. I must give you all a blanket apology for being MIA recently. I must admit I was thrown a curve by the success of the Misty Beethoven release and got caught up in the mix. I will try to stay on the radar from now on!! We are moving ahead and working on completing the Barbara Broadcast re-release package. So here for the first time ever, are some screen grabs from the brand new 2k scan of Barbara Broadcast.
Do you know anyone who is crazy for Metzger (or just plain crazy– we’re not picky!) and who is fluent in Spanish, French, German or Italian?
In return for the minor task of translating 5000+ words of meticulously transcribed grunts and sex-noises, that lucky individual would be eligible to receive:
* The kind of fame that only translating subtitles for an obscure 1970s porn film can bring!
* Irresistibility to persons of their preferred sex commensurate with the above level of fame!
* The kind of conversation-starter that will instantly separate the wheat from the chaff at a cocktail party! (Perfect for people who like talking to chaff!)
* The opportunity to be part of preserving something of historical significance for [one-handed] study by future generations!
* And oh, yeah, his or her name (or preferred nom-de-porn) in the DVD credits, plus a couple of free copies of the special edition DVD.
If interested please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or just reply to the post!
I have the honor of talking to some very interesting people on a daily basis. Sometimes, I am amazed by some of the contacts that I have made; I have met some awesome fans, real die hards. I am honored to chat with some of the more intellectual film types, like guys /gals who grew up in a grindhouses and live for all things film. I am so excited when I get to meet with the directors and producers from back in the day, like Radly Metzger, John Amero, Shaun Costello and Larry Revene, who made these films. And it has been incredible to become close friends with some of these guys. My close friend and adult film historian Benson Hurst has added a level of professionalism and expertise to my business that is invaluable and my colleague Joe Rubin in Chicago has proved to be an incredibly talented, educated and very well versed film buff, who has helped me in strides, not too mention introducing me to dozens of influential bloggers, and they have all been wonderful. I would like to dedicate this post to one fan/scholar in particular, the GORE GORE GIRL. When I first heard of her, I was told that she did her college dissertation on a classic adult film……that in itself was incredibly intriguing. Her approach to looking at these golden age films, is certainly original and not your typical, everyday-babble. Thanks and happy new year to GGG!